Once again we are running our popular Homestead event. Come out on Sunday, October 17 to drive your Tesla around Homestead-Miami Speedway's 1.5-mile track.
Here's a COVID-safe In-Car Event in which club members can experience Homestead-Miami Speedway first hand. Take your Tesla over the speedway's unique progressive banking as you run laps around a track that has seen many historical moments in NASCAR annals.
This will be organized track driving at speeds between 70 and 125 mph behind the official Homestead-Miami Speedway pace car.
This is not a casual drive.
|After the Speedway drive, why not head up to Miami Marine Stadium to attend the ElectrifyExpo event? Or attend ElectrifyExpo on Saturday and stay overnight in Miami at our preferred hotel, the EPIC.
Meet at Sonny's BBQ Florida City at 8:15 am
Members will gather at Sonny's BBQ in Florida City between 8:00 pm and 8:30 am to charge at the Supercharger. We will then assemble at the Walmart parking lot directly to the east of Sonny's, where we will caravan to the race track at 8:45 am sharp. We will meet with our speedway representative at 9:15 am for COVID coordinating and orientation as a group for our laps.
Sonny's has outdoor seating, and they are doing take out as well.
At Sonny's, even outdoors, please wear a face mask when not eating and social distance. Sonny's COVID-19 protocols.
The cost for our group would be $20 per car for 10 laps as a group.
The link to pay will be included in the event confirmation after you register on the Tesla Owners Florida website
The speedway, the address is:
One Ralph Sanchez Speedway Blvd
Homestead, FL 33035
If you have questions, please contact Denise Grant at email@example.com, or cell: 954-540-1159.
A 100% donation to Driving For A Cause, Homestead-Miami Speedway's charitable fund.
GENERAL REGULATIONS FOR THE SPEEDWAY:
- Your vehicle must be street legal. (Street legal: having whatever equipment or features the law would require to allow one to operate it legally on the roads at any time and without restriction.)
- Motorcycles are NOT able to drive on the track.
- Helmets are NOT required.
- The lap(s) will be paced by a pace vehicle. You will be able to exceed regular road speed limits, depending on weather and track conditions.
- Seat belts worn at all times.
- All drivers must show a valid driver's license, but passengers of all ages are permitted.
- Drivers under the age of 18 MUST have a legal guardian or parent with them at all times.
- There are no advance tickets. You pay when you enter our facility.
- Cash or credit cards will be accepted for donations. Please, no personal checks.
- The victory laps will be taking place on the oval. Not the road course.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS AT THE SPEEDWAY:
**Strict rules enforced at the event due to COVID-19. The safety of our staff and fans are the utmost importance to us. Please read below before coming**
- Must remain in your vehicle at all times
- A screening process will take place prior to entering the track at Gate 18 (temperature check, symptom check, COVID exposure, etc.).
- Must be wearing a face covering at screening process, ticket purchase tent, and ticket collection
- 6 ft indicators will be placed on the ground