Come out on Sunday, June 6 to drive your Tesla around Homestead-Miami Speedway's 1.5-mile track.
Here's a safe In-Car Event in which club members can experience Homestead-Miami Speedway first hand. Take your Tesla over the speedway's unique progressive banking as you run laps around a track that has seen many historical moments in NASCAR annals.
This will be organized track driving at speeds between 70 and 125 mph behind the official Homestead-Miami Speedway pace car.
This is not a casual drive.
Meet at Sonny's BBQ Florida City at 8:30 am
Members will gather at Sonny's BBQ in Florida City between 8:30 pm and 9:00 am to charge at the Supercharger. We will then assemble at the Walmart parking lot directly to the east of Sonny's, where we will caravan to the race track at 9:00 am sharp. We will meet with our speedway representative at 9:30 am for COVID coordinating and orientation as a group for our laps.
Sonny's has outdoor seating, and they are doing take out as well.
At Sonny's, even outdoors, please wear a face mask when not eating and social distance. Sonny's COVID-19 protocols.
Group Rate for 10 Teslas
The cost for our group would be $20 per car for 10 laps as a group.
Please bring exact cash of $20.00
The speedway, the address is:
One Ralph Sanchez Speedway Blvd
Homestead, FL 33035
If you have questions, please contact Denise Grant at email@example.com, or cell: 954-540-1159.
If we don't have 10 cars, you can purchase individual laps, as shown below:
- $25 for 3 laps
- $45 for 6 laps
- $80 for 10 laps
A 100% donation to Driving For A Cause, Homestead-Miami Speedway's charitable fund.
GENERAL REGULATIONS FOR THE SPEEDWAY:
- Your vehicle must be street legal. (Street legal: having whatever equipment or features the law would require to allow one to operate it legally on the roads at any time and without restriction.)
- Motorcycles are NOT able to drive on the track.
- Helmets are NOT required.
- The lap(s) will be paced by a pace vehicle. You will be able to exceed regular road speed limits, depending on weather and track conditions.
- Seat belts worn at all times.
- All drivers must show a valid driver's license, but passengers of all ages are permitted.
- Drivers under the age of 18 MUST have a legal guardian or parent with them at all times.
- There are no advance tickets. You pay when you enter our facility.
- Cash or credit cards will be accepted for donations. Please, no personal checks.
- The victory laps will be taking place on the oval. Not the road course.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS AT THE SPEEDWAY:
**Strict rules enforced at the event due to COVID-19. The safety of our staff and fans are the utmost importance to us. Please read below before coming**
- Must remain in your vehicle at all times
- A screening process will take place prior to entering the track at Gate 18 (temperature check, symptom check, COVID exposure, etc.).
- Must be wearing a face covering at screening process, ticket purchase tent, and ticket collection
- 6 ft indicators will be placed on the ground