This is a MEMBERS-ONLY event. Non-members can view an excerpt of the event description below. If you are not a club member and are interested in attending this event, please apply for membership by clicking: Join Us.
After your membership is approved you will have access to all the Members-Only features of our website, including being able to register for Members-Only events.
Come out this Saturday, August 22nd at 12:30 pm to drive your Tesla around Homestead-Miami Speedway's 1.5-mile track.
Here's a safe In-Car Event in which club members can experience Homestead-Miami Speedway first hand. Take your Tesla over the speedway's unique progressive banking as you run laps around a track that has seen many historical moments in NASCAR annals.
You will be following behind the official Homestead-Miami Speedway pace car, a Ford Mustang Shelby. Three different packages are available, and participants can purchase as many as they would like.
Meet at Sonny's BBQ Florida City at 11:00 am
Members will have the option of gathering at Sonny's BBQ in Florida City at 11:00 am to grab a bite to eat and charge at the Supercharger.
WE DO NOT RECOMMEND INDOOR DINING (if it is available).
Sonny's should have outdoor seating, and they are doing take out as well.
At Sonny's, even outdoors, please wear a face mask when not eating and social distance. Sonny's COVID-19 protocols.
Group Rate for 10 Teslas
We apologize for the short notice, but if we can get 10 cars to the track at 12:30 pm, the cost for our group would be $20 per person for 10 laps as a group.
After eating and charging at Sonny's BBQ we will caravan to the race track for noon. If we have enough cars we will then meet with our speedway representative for coordinating us as a group for our laps.
If you plan to meet the group at the speedway, the address is:
One Ralph Sanchez Speedway Blvd
Homestead, FL 33035
If we don't have 10 cars, you can purchase individual laps, as shown below:
- $25 for 3 laps
- $45 for 6 laps
- $80 for 10 laps
A 100% donation to Driving For A Cause, Homestead-Miami Speedway's charitable fund.
GENERAL REGULATIONS FOR THE SPEEDWAY:
- Your vehicle must be street legal. (Street legal: having whatever equipment or features the law would require to allow one to operate it legally on the roads at any time and without restriction.)
- Motorcycles are NOT able to drive on the track.
- Helmets are NOT required.
- The lap(s) will be paced by a pace vehicle. You will be able to exceed regular road speed limits, depending on weather and track conditions.
- Seat belts worn at all times.
- All drivers must show a valid driver's license, but passengers of all ages are permitted.
- Drivers under the age of 18 MUST have a legal guardian or parent with them at all times.
- There are no advance tickets. You pay when you enter our facility.
- Cash or credit cards will be accepted for donations. Please, no personal checks.
- The victory laps will be taking place on the oval. Not the road course.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS AT THE SPEEDWAY:
**Strict rules enforced at the event due to COVID-19. The safety of our staff and fans are the utmost importance to us. Please read below before coming**
- Must remain in your vehicle at all times
- A screening process will take place prior to entering the track at Gate 18 (temperature check, symptom check, COVID exposure, etc.).
- Must be wearing a face covering at screening process, ticket purchase tent, and ticket collection
- 6 ft indicators will be placed on the ground